Last modified: [12/12/2018]
Marithyme Seafood, LLC (“Marithyme Seafood,” “us,” “we,” or “our” as the context may require) respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website www.MarithymeSeafood.com (the “Site“) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On the Site.
- In emails and other electronic messages between you and Marithyme Seafood.
- When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- Marithyme Seafood offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by a third party; or
- any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Site or in an email from Marithyme Seafood.
Children Under the Age of 13
Our Site is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any Personal Information to or on the Site. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not: use the Site; provide any information on the Site or on or through any of its features; register on the Site; make any purchases through the Site; use any of the interactive or public comment features of the Site; or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received Personal Information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at info@MarithymeSeafood.com.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Site, including information:
- by which you may be personally identified, such as your name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, and debit/credit card account information (collectively, “Personal Information“);
- other information that does not individually identify you, such as products viewed and purchased; and/or
- about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Site and usage details.
Please note that we do not store your credit or debit card information or any other bank account information provided to us for payment purposes. However, transmission of information online is not always secured. While we take precautions to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information transmitted to our Site (see Data Security).
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us, such as when you register an account, purchase a Marithyme Seafood product, make a payment, communicate with us, or take a survey.
- Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies and other tracking technologies.
- From third parties, such as our business partners, to help us advance our ability to serve you.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through our Site may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Site. This includes information provided at the time of creating a user account, ordering products, subscribing to emails, or posting reviews. We may also ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us or when you report a problem with our Site.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Site and of the fulfillment of your orders.
- Your search queries on the Site.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Site, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Site. Information collected may include traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Site.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The information we collect automatically is statistical data, but we may maintain it or associate it with Personal Information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Site and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Site according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Site.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Site may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Site. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
- Web Beacons. Pages of the Site and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit us, for example, to count users who have visited a webpage or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system/server integrity).
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. For information about how you can opt out of receiving targeted advertising from many providers, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any Personal Information:
- To facilitate and improve our Site, products, and services.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill your orders, process payment, and arrange delivery.
- To contact you about goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please check the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data or, if you have a user account, adjust your user preferences in your account profile. For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
- To provide you with notices about your user account.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Site or any products or services we offer or provide through it.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregate information and non-personally identifying information for any reason, including for marketing purposes.
- To provide customer services, including fulfilling orders, delivering packages, and communicating with you about your order.
- To third parties as necessary for payment processing and delivery purposes.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business.
- For conducting research and analysis to improve Marithyme Seafood’s products, services, marketing, and Site performance.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Marithyme Seafood’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Information held by Marithyme Seafood about our Site users is among the assets transferred.
- For the fulfillment of any other purpose for which you provide it, including purposes disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- To enforce or apply our terms and conditions of sale (www.MarithymeSeafood.com/TermsofSale) and other agreements, including for billing and collection purposes.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Marithyme Seafood, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- For any other reason with your permission.
We do not share your Personal Information with third parties for those third parties’ marketing purposes unless you first agree to such sharing by opting in or choosing not to opt-out at the time we provide such choice. We contractually require third parties to keep Personal Information confidential and to only use it for the purposes for which we provided it to them. For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the Personal Information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising. If you do not want us to share your Personal Information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for promotional purposes, you can opt-out by checking the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data. You can also always opt-out by either sending us an email stating your request at info@MarithymeSeafood.com or, if you have set up a user account on our Site, by logging into your account and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile.
- Promotional Offers from Marithyme Seafood. If you do not wish to have your email address/contact information used by Marithyme Seafood to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out by checking the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data, or, at any other time, by either logging into your user account and adjusting your preferences or by sending us an email stating your request to info@MarithymeSeafood.com. If you receive an unwanted email from us, you can use the unsubscribe link found at the bottom of the email to opt out of receiving future emails. We will process any requests to unsubscribe from Company emails within a reasonable time after receipt.
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However these third parties may provide you with options to stop collection and use of your information. You can also opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI“) on the NAI’s website.
Third Party Sites and Social Media Platforms
Our Site may contain links to third party websites, and other websites may reference or link to our Site. We do not control these other domains and websites. We encourage our users to read the privacy policies of each and every website and application they interact with. We do not endorse, screen or approve, and are not responsible for the privacy practices or content of such other websites or applications. Visiting these other websites or applications is at your own risk.
Our Site may also contain links and interactive features with various social media platforms. If you already use these platforms, their cookies may be set on your device when using the Site. You should be aware that Personal Information which you voluntarily include and transmit online in a publicly accessible blog, chat room, social media platform, open forum, or otherwise may be viewed and used by others without any restrictions. We are unable to control such uses of your information when interacting with a social media platform. If you use a social media platform, you assume the risk that the Personal Information provided by you may be viewed and used by third parties for any number of purposes.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
If you have set up a user account, you can review and change your Personal Information by logging into the Site and visiting your account profile page.
You may also send us an email at info@MarithymeSeafood.com to request access to, correct or delete any Personal Information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your Personal Information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your Personal Information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. We follow generally accepted standards to protect Personal Information provided by our customers.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. If you have set up a user account on our Site, you are responsible for keeping the account password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information transmitted to our Site. Any transmission of Personal Information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Site.
If we learn of a security system breach, we may attempt to notify you electronically, by posting a notice on the Site, or by sending you an email. To receive free written notice of a security breach (or to withdraw your consent from receiving electronic notice), please email us at info@MarithymeSeafood.com.